Friday, June 22, 2012

Vist from Friends

We had some long time friends visit.  They are the kind of people who wouldn't want to impose... so we didn't tell them about our little arrival.  It had been so long since we had had a chance see them, we didn't want to miss it.  We had a wonderful time catching up.

(Andrew is just so skinny in this picture... it was about the time when I started to think something might be wrong.  And was it ever!  At birth he weighed 8 lbs. 4 oz.  at ten days he was down to 6 lbs. 4 oz.  Breastfeeding was just not going to work for this old cow this time around.  Hormone levels were off, and the cause wasn't tracked down in time.  I supplemented for a few months, but was done with the pumping, storing, herbs, vitamins, etc. after two months.  Besides, he never liked warm milk...)

* I know I said I was going to catch up quickly... but that was before the 100 year flood wipe out our road and sent us all scrambling.