Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering

Today was a day for worship, but it was also a day to remember.  I am not old enough to remember Pearl Harbor, but have been moved to tears as I visited the memorial.  I am not old enough to remember when JFK was assassinated, but marvel that that moment is remembered by so many.
I do remember the joy of freedom when the Berlin wall was brought down.  I do remember the sadness when the space shuttle Challenger exploded after takeoff.  And I remember being dazed when my father-in-law called ten years ago and told us to check the news.  I was glued to the TV for the rest of the day.  My daughter who was 4 still prays for those who are traveling, where ever they may be.

On this day of remembering, I am grateful for the stories of humanity.  For those who gave all to help another.  And to all those that are still giving... thank you for proving that human life and goodness are worth sacrificing for!







Images found here:
10-years-later